Saturday, November 16, 2013

Indianized Gown ( Oct 2013)

Here's an Indianlized Gown that I wore for my cousin's engagement ceremony ( yea u guys must be thinkin ..how many cousin do i have???....believe me...u dont wanna know!!! ;-)  )

I was soooo tired of looking at neon colours everywhere....so I decided to opt out of it.
I went in for   peach  navy blue &   Lime green ( that's not neon , is it ;-) )
Now I didnt wanna have flair from the waist....as I knew people would confuse it for a floor length anarkali..
I had already worn a floor length anarkali as u can see in my previous posts..and didnt wanna repeat the design.
hence i decided to go for a mermaid cut gown with a lot of flair below the knee...

Now came the embroidery..again I didnt wanna repeat the gold and pearl embroidery ..and stone work is a complete no no for me...!!! 
I was just going through my collection and my old mirror work duppata caught my attention which reminded me Arpita mehta work is quite in vogue...and it wouldnt be a bad combination...gown with mirror work..not so common yet....
So decided to go ahead with mirror and cut dana embroidery...

now one more thing that I 'll like to share is..I wanted to sport a different look this time...
no earings..just a nose ring..Yes just like sonam kapoor at Cannes... 
Thankfully found a nice ring....
Here's how my dress looked....

I am  really repenting not having clicked good pics in this dress.....will try and get more pics soon.....
hope u guys liked it.... :- ) 



 Tip:
If u planning to get a Mermaid cut gown stitched yourself ,  you'll require min of 6 mtrs fabric to obtain the flair as my outfit  and of course , a fluffed Can-Can inside is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment